Message from Head of School - February 28th, 2014
Yesterday marked the end of yet another successful ski season. In the words of Coach Aberle, “We had a wildly successful program due to the community of parent volunteers, Summit instructors, CHA staff and our incredible skiers! Students who had never been on skis 5 weeks ago were speeding down Golden Nugget and Silver Fir this afternoon!” I’d like to add that the success of this program is due to Coach Aberle’s passion, facilitation and dedication to this program. Thank you for a great season, Coach!
Read Across America: CHA will participate in Read Across America. Read Across America Day is a nationwide reading celebration that takes place annually on March 2—Dr. Seuss’s birthday. Across the country, thousands of schools, libraries, and community centers participate by bringing together kids, teens, and books. This week, teachers will incorporate the following activities to celebrate reading with CHA students. It’s going to be a fun week and we look forward to every student participating.
1. Monday: Classroom doors will be decorated with Dr. Seuss themes.
2. Tuesday: Book Share (bring a fiction or non-fiction book from home to buddy read in class) or Book Exchange, up to individual grade levels. Permission forms will go out to individual teachers as an email attachment for book exchange. I will leave a stack at front desk also.
3. Wed: Dress as favorite book character- Free Dress
4. Thurs: Give away at lunch for students
5. Fri: All school read in, with a small stuffed animal buddy (time to be determined by individual classrooms)
Awards of Excellence Nominations are still being accepted until Monday, March 3rd. At this time, we’ve had 46 nominations submitted for CHA Staff. I know you respect and appreciate the CHA Staff as much as I do, so please join me in recognizing them for their efforts throughout the year. Please log onto the website: www.brighthorizons.com/awards. It’s easy to use and is available for submitting all nominations. I look forward to awarding the CHA Staff their awards based on your nominations!
Auction: ONLY 2 DAYS LEFT TO RSVP! RSVP’s are up and you won’t want to miss out on the Auction Event that Dianne Melling and the Auction Committee have been working tirelessly to put together. I have it on good authority that this year’s Auction will be a site to behold and something you don’t want to miss out on! Here’s the link to RSVP: http://chapter.maestroweb.com/.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Holly Senaga, Head of School